We are hiring Instructional Assistants!
Our district is now hiring Instructional Assistants. We are looking for candidates who love working with students and want to make a difference by supporting teaching and learning in our classrooms. General and special education IA positions are available in schools at all levels across our district.
In this role, you will:
- Work directly with individual students and groups of students to support instruction;
- Support teachers with planning and organizing, and evaluating instructional activities, as well as developing classroom procedures, and preparing necessary materials;
- Plan and collaborate with teachers to create strategies for reinforcing skills and concepts based on individual student needs; and
- Assist teachers in creating an encouraging, caring, safe and healthy learning environment for all students.
How To Apply
- Access AppliTrack and review the Instructional Assistant positions available:
- Select the positions at your desired school(s).
- Provide at least one supervisory reference. References are sent an electronic survey to complete on your behalf.
- Upload your college and/or high school transcripts to your online applicant file.
- School principals will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
- High school diploma or GED
- Title 1 elementary school IAs must meet Highly Qualified standard
- Other IAs do not need to meet the Highly Qualified standard at the time of initial employment but it should be met within two years.
- IAs hired on or after Jan. 7, 2021 have the remainder of the current school year plus an additional two years to meet the Highly Qualified standard.
Salary and Benefits
- Classified Staff Salary Schedule (Grade 18-IA)
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays and leave
- Flexible benefit plans and spending accounts also available
Contact us via the Human Resources Let’s Talk form.
$1,200 bonus for IAs hired July 1 - Nov. 21, 2021
- $600 after 3 months in same position
- $600 in November 2022 (if still employed as IA through October)
- New IAs hired at 50% or greater are eligible*