Update 6/17 - Summer School Invitations have been sent out. If you requested summer school, but did not receive an invitation this week, that means you are on the waiting list. The summer school staff will contact you directly if a seat becomes available and you are chosen. If you have not yet signed up to be on the waiting list, please complete the form linked below.
Cary High School will be offering multiple concurrent Summer Learning Opportunities for students this summer. Please see below to see which program will be most optimal for meeting your students' needs. FYI, all Summer Learning Programs will be held on campus as there will not be any virtual participation options. Deadline for registration is Friday, May 14th.
Summer IMPstitute Camp (For Rising 9th and 10th Graders) - !!!REGISTRATION CLOSED!!! A 6-week enrichment experience providing academic assistance in a fun and supportive way for students who may have gaps in their learning, through in-person instruction led by certified teachers. No homework, no grades, and lots of fun!!!
Summer School: Credit Recovery (For Rising 10th - 12th Graders) - Our traditional summer school program where students who have failed core graduation requirements (Math, English, Science, Social Studies) will have the opportunity to recover these credits through accessing self-paced, online curriculum, with support as needed. You can still complete the form to be placed on the Waitlist after May 14th.
Please click the links above for each program to learn more. Be sure to request your spot for either program by Friday, May 14th! If you have questions, please email Mr. McCullough (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Steidinger (email@example.com)
CTE Summer Bootcamp: The Wake County Public School System is pleased to offer opportunities for students in Career and Technical Education (CTE) to complete coursework and have skills practice leading to industry-recognized credentials.
Catalog of courses offered, dates, times and locations is available using this link
Students may select their credential of interest and preferred location using this link (Students, please use your WCPSS email address / information)
The deadline for registering is May 18, 2021.
- Students wishing to participate should have completed the aligned CTE course.
- There is no cost to participate in the workshops.
- Most workshops will last one week, June 21‐25, 2021.
- Hours may vary depending on school operational hours.
- Students will be responsible for transportation to and from the host school; WCPSS MAY provide transportation (things are still in the works for transportation).
- Students attending workshops within their base school assignment MAY be offered transportation in connection with Extended School Year course offerings.
- Students will be expected to follow the WCPSS Code of Conduct while participating in workshops.
- Workshop offerings are subject to change based on the availability of seats and enrollment.
General questions, email Mr. Evans - firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft questions, email Ms. Wilson - email@example.com
Adobe and Drafting questions, email Mrs. Whitley - firstname.lastname@example.org