2021-22 Virtual Academy
Here is important information regarding Virtual Academy for 2021-22:
- WCPSS Email Message on 4.20.21: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/48404
- WCPSS Virtual Academy website: https://www.wcpss.net/VirtualAcademy
- Link to Virtual Academy Registration: https://virtualacademyregistration.wcpss.net/
Opens on Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 12:01am and closes on Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Things to consider regarding Virtual Academy at Green Hope High School for 21-22:
- Classes will be structured differently next year – specifically, our goal is to eliminate concurrent teaching (students in the classroom and students at home at the same time) in any of our classes. This is also a district goal.
- The flexibility we had with student schedules during 20-21 will not exist in 21-22 since our goal is no concurrent teaching.
- Students/families must make a full commitment to Virtual Academy as outlined on the district website.
- Only courses required for graduation are guaranteed in Virtual Academy.
- Some Virtual Academy courses may be taught by teachers outside of our school due to staffing and enrollment.
- Certain courses may not be available in Virtual Academy depending on scheduling and/or student interest. Courses impacted may include certain elective offerings, including AP courses. We will not know which courses are impacted until after we have the Virtual Academy registration data.
- We anticipate that students who choose Virtual Academy will have to make alternative course selections once we know the courses that can be provided. If that is the case, your child’s counselor will contact you.
- All students/families that do not register for Virtual Academy during this window will default to in-person instruction for 2021-22.