Important Updates and Information about Athletics
- Any interested middle school student-athletes (7th and 8th) will have the opportunity to participate in skill development and conditioning workouts for specific sports. This means contests and games between schools will not be held.
- 6th graders will only be able to participate if there is room. Priority will be given to 7th and 8th Graders.
- Virtual Academy students will be placed in cohorts to make the numbers even between groups (requests will not be granted to be in specific cohorts because there are limits on amounts of students per group)
- All Virtual Academy students and Wake Leadership Academy students need to come to campus through parent provided transportation between 3:15-3:30 to get checked in & health screened.
- Practices will occur every day that students come to school during the season (not on remote learning or asynchronous days). If a student-athlete is absent from in person instruction he or she will not be able to participate in that day's skill development session.
- Locker rooms will not be open, students are expected to come to practice in appropriate clothing.
- In accordance with health and safety protocols all student-athletes must wear masks at all times while on campus for the duration of the skill development session.
- Participating students must be promptly picked up at 4:45PM in the Oberlin Carpool area.
What Do I need to do in order to be able to participate?
- Complete the WCPSS Athletic Registration Online
- Comlete the Oberlin Athletics Survey
- Complete & Print or Email COVID 19 Form
FORM COMPLETION DEADLINE IS February 18TH
Season 2/Fall Sports - Football, Girls Soccer, Girls Volleyball, Cheerleading: Feb. 22 - March 19
Season 3/Spring Sports - Track & Field (Boys and Girls), Girls Softball, Boys Soccer: March 22 - April 30
Season 1/Winter Sports - Basketball (Boys and Girls), Cheerleading: May 3 - May 21