Students will return to in-person learning in 3 week cohort rotations beginning Wednesday, February 17th. Please ensure your student and family has reviewed the information below:
- Cohort Calendar: Please review our updated AB Calendar with the 3 Week Cohort Rotations indicated to ensure you know when your child(ren) reports to the school building. Your child(ren) only comes to school on the days showing your child(ren)’s cohort number. On the days where your child(ren) stays home, she/he/they will engage in virtual learning. Students in the Virtual Academy will learn remotely for the remainder of the school year.
- Bell Schedule: Once students return to the building for in-person learning, all of our students will be learning on a different bell schedule given that teachers will be teaching students in-person and online at the same time. Please review this bell schedule that will begin once students return to in-person learning, in which 1st period will begin at 7:25 per our WCPSS approved bell schedule. Teachers will tell students which lunch period they have during the first days of school; however, you can also find the breakdown of lunches by department here. If you have not already reviewed the instructional plan, please do so here.
- Bus Attestation: Any student who will use WCPSS Transportation must complete the online bus attestation form here.
- Student Procedures: We ask that your child(ren) and all parents review these student procedures in full. We will go over these procedures with students during advisory their first week back at school. The following are the three most important procedural items:
- 3 Ws: All students are required to follow the 3 Ws at all time anywhere on school property, including outdoors. Students are required to: wear a mask; wait six feet apart from others; and wash their hands/use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Morning Health Screening: All students will undergo a daily morning health screening, so students must report to only one of two places when they arrive to the building: the front east (right) portico at the front of the building or the front of the Holliday gym near the bus loop. Health screenings will begin at 6:55am, and students should arrive to campus by no later than 7am to get their health screening completed and be in class on time at 7:25am.
- Technology: All students will be utilizing technology while at school. Students are required to bring their WCPSS issued chromebook or (if preferred) their personal device and a set of headphones to school each day.
- Live, Virtual Parent Sessions: We hosted two live, virtual parent sessions on January 13th and 14th. You can review the slides of the presentation here and a recording of the session here.
We cannot wait to see your kids in person! Thank you for all of your tremendous support during this unusual time. If you have questions about Virtual Academy, please contact Assistant Principal David Cassady firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other questions, please contact the main office at 919-856-7810.