Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year!
As we prepare to enter the third decade of this century (yep, it’s true!) we look forward to continued growth and success for our students, teachers and families in our community. Wake County is the largest district in our state. By Aug. 29, we will have over 180,000 students attending 200 schools across our district. We are excited about the great learning and teaching experiences in store! Here at Hilburn, we are excited to make learning personal in a smaller, warm, caring nest of learners. Use the available navigation in this section to help your family prepare for the 2022-2023 School Year!
WE NEED YOU! Join the fun and nourish your child's experience!
This year, we’re calling on parents to get involved in their child’s academic life. Study after study point to the same thing -- parental involvement is crucial to student success. By becoming meaningfully involved in your child’s school life, you’re showing them that school is interesting and important to you. Beyond academics, we want you to be an active part of your child's social and emotional development.
Some easy things every parent can do to be involved:
- Partner with your child’s teacher. Develop a relationship with your child’s teacher and ask them about how you can support your child’s learning outside of school hours.
- Show interest in your child’s schoolwork. Get in the habit of asking them about what they learned in school. Help with homework, and let them know that you’re available to answer questions.
- Join the PTA, attend school events and volunteer to help your child’s classroom. Your child’s school can’t do it alone. It takes a strong school community to make sure every child reaches their potential.
- Create time to talk to your child. Your child may not always have a ton to share about school, but you can create time to engage in meaningful communication about a host of other topics. Our Hawks can’t do it alone. It takes a strong school community to make sure every child reaches their potential.
28 Years #ontheHil
Hilburn cherishes a rich history in the community. This year, we are 28 years old. As we celebrate our 28th year #ontheHil, we look forward to embracing some of our community traditions, unfortunately, postponed as a result of the ongoing pandemic years. We look forward to inviting you into our nest to celebrate the hidden treasure of our K-8 community.
- Welcome Letters are available online. Navigate this Welcome to 2022-2023 Section to find important information for your students.
- Elementary Schedules and class assignments will be shared before the Elementary Open House. Elementary Open House is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, August 25, 2022. Time blocks will be communicated closer to the date. PowerSchool will be live for parents shortly before Wednesday, August 24, 2022.
- Middle School Schedules will be available for pickup before Middle School Open House on Thursday, August 25, 2022. Any PowerSchool schedules viewable before August 23, 2022, may be inaccurate. Final schedules will be visible on Student Power School on Thursday, August 25, 2022.
- July 14, 2022: Hilburn Aftercare Program Sign-Up 7 am!
- Popsicles on the Playground (Rising Kindergarten): August 18, 2021
- Hawkapalooza (Rising 6th Graders): August 18, 2022
- Elementary Open House: August 25, 2022
- Middle School Open House: August 25, 2022
- First Day of School for Grades 1-8: Monday, August 29, 2022