Hello Conn Families!
My name is Carrie Bolding and I am the magnet coordinator for our CONNmUNITY! It is hard to believe that you students is preparing for middle school! While they work hard with their incredible 5th grade teachers to make a seamless transition to middle school, it is also your time to begin preparing as well! I want to help you all as you make the next decisions for your child's educational pathway! Below I have included a great deal of helpful information regarding the continuation of their magnet school journey.
- The same process is in place for transitioning to middle school. Families can attend magnet fairs, tour schools and will apply at the school of their choice
- The magnet and year-round application period will begin Oct. 26, 2019 and end Jan. 30, 2020. Applications are not first-come, first-served. Families will be notified on Feb. 19, 2020 if they received a seat at an application school. Applications are available online only at www.wcpss.net Results will be posted to online parent accounts) Please see the link below titled "How to apply" for more helpful information.
- To know more information regarding the magnet pathways and the alignment of schools, please click on the link titled "Magnet Schools Pathways."
- Click here to see a map of the middle schools and see where they are located within our county!
- There are many wonderful magnet events schedule within WCPSS. This is a great opportunity to meet school staff and learn more about their program, school theme and the benefits the school will have on your child's education. Please see the link below titled "Magnet Fair and Event Information" for information regarding event times and locations!
Please remember that each school has a magnet coordinator that will assist you in scheduling tours and acquiring more information. I encourage you to visit the middle schools website for contact and tour information! Your CONNmUNITY wishes you all the luck going forward within the WCPSS Magnet Program!