Goal: By June 2020, Dillard Drive Middle School’s overall school performance will meet or exceed 65% proficiency measured by the Reading, Math, and Science EOGs and all subgroups at DDMS will meet their yearly measures of interim progress towards long-term goals in math and reading.
Mission and Vision
Wake County Public School System will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators, and critical thinkers.
Dillard Drive Middle School fosters a nurturing and safe environment through relevant and meaningful curriculum, 21st Century Skills, and social and emotional learning. Together with community stakeholders, we at Dillard Drive Middle School aim for all students to feel valued, challenged, and engaged to be successful both academically and socially. We will prepare them to be productive citizens and future leaders in a diverse community.
We commit to our school's mission, vision, and core beliefs for every Dillard Drive Middles School student. We believe that every student can learn and achieve. As a staff, we honor the following commitments:
- We will challenge and engage students in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning.
- We will hold high expectations for all students and will support learning, growth, and success for all regardless of socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
- We will maintain a well-supported and highly effective staff that will work collaboratively to ensure the success of all students.
- We will foster a learning environment focusing on student achievement, promoting best practices, and supporting continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation.
- We will respect our diverse school community and provide an environment that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible (differentiating, choice, 4 C's), and supportive.
- We will collaborate with our families, businesses, and community partners to provide the support and resources needed to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our values.