May 5, 2019
Dear Penny Road Elementary Parents/Guardians,
Fourth quarter is here and wrapping up fast and furious. Please take a moment to read the following information as well as our Panda Pulse. Very important information regarding our Spring Carnival and Online Silent Auction is included in this week’s addition.
SAVE the DATES!
Pops with Pandas Get to Know You - May 23rd from 4:30 - 5:00 (This event is for rising Kindergarten Students)
End-Of Grade (EOG) Testing dates: Grades 3-5
Please take note of the EOG testing dates listed below. Every effort should be made to have your child here on time.
Day 1 - May 29th: 3rd Reading, 5th Math
Day 2 - May 30th: 3rd Math, 5th Reading
Day 3 - May 31st: 4th Reading, 5th Science and 3rd Make-ups
Day 4 - June 3rd: 4th Math, 3rd and 5th Make-ups
Day 5 - June 4th: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Make-ups
Day 6 - June 5th: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Make-ups
STUDENT INTENT for 2019-2020:
Parents, if your child WILL NOT be returning to Penny Road Elementary this fall (2019), please email Mrs. Steffee Bowden at email@example.com. This information will be helpful in properly planning for our 2019-2020 school year.
TRANSPORTATION for 2019-2020
On May 10th, the Transportation Department will be sending a broadcast message via School Messenger to all current bus riders that are eligible for transportation communicating the following:
- If your transportation eligible child will be riding the bus from the same address to the same school next year, you do not need to take action. If you need to update your bus service, please go online.
- Up-to-date transportation information is available in your student’s Home Base/PowerSchool account. More information on Home Base is available at www.wcpss.net/student-information.
- If your student is assigned to transportation but is not a rider, parents are to submit the online form so that we have the most up-to-date information.
- Parents do not have to register for transportation services if their student has special transportation as a related service.
Deadline Date to Ensure First Day Service:
Any transportation eligible family who needs to make a change or request service for 2019-20 is requested to meet the following deadline to ensure service on the first day of school:
- July 29 for Traditional calendar schools
LUNCH MONEY ACCOUNTS
Due to WCPSS policies and procedures, the school’s “Angel Fund” can no longer financially support students who run out of lunch money by purchasing them a lunch entre. Please note that students will be provided servings of healthy fruits and vegetables. To avoid your child not receiving a lunch of their preference, please make sure that lunch money accounts are replenished and or that lunch is sent in every day.
Penny Road Elementary has made a few hiring additions and changes. Ms. Valvano has assumed the role of Lead Secretary/Bookkeeper effective May 1st. Her successor as receptionist is Mrs. Morse; and Ms. Williams has accepted a 1st Grade Instructional Assistant permanent position. Your patience and understanding is requested as our staff members get acclimated to their new roles.
As always, thank you for your continued support. Have an amazing week ahead!
Mrs. Hoke, Principal