Sign up for a tour of Jeffreys Grove at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d45a8a823ab9-jeffreysTours begin at 10:00am.
Tour Dates:Jeffreys Grove Language Immersion Magnet Elementary School offers a full Spanish Language Immersion Program. Applications are accepted for rising Kindergarten students.We are a "program-within-a-school" meaning that there are traditional classes in our building as well as our Immersion classes. Half of our Kindergarten is traditional and half is Immersion.Our Spanish Immersion teachers - currently ten of our staff - come to us via the Participate Program. In our Spanish Immersion program, participating students develop fluency in reading, writing, speaking and listening in Spanish as well as in English. Students also learn to think in a second language, which is a high-level skill.In the Immersion program, students take their daily math, science, literacy and social studies classes in Spanish. Beginning in the second grade and continuing throughout the fifth grade, students have an English literacy block of instruction integrated into their daily instructional time.Through participating in the Full Spanish Language Immersion Program, students will:
This language immersion program offers students an opportunity to develop English acquisition as well as Spanish language development. The NC Standard Course of Study is utilized throughout all of the language immersion programs. Students, however, take their literacy, math, social studies, and science classes in a second language. While students are together for their immersion experience, they have the opportunity to participate in globally focused specials, taught in English, during other parts of the day.
- develop proficiency in English and Spanish;
- increase academic performance;
- learn about culture and language; and
- prepare to meet the challenges of a globally-dependent society.
Upcoming Events and Info
Explore all magnet programs, early college schools and the year-round calendar in one location. Find magnet school options for your address located here.
- Date: October 26, 2019
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Panther Creek HS, 6770 McKrimmon Parkway, Cary, NC 27519
- Email: email@example.com
Magnet Parent Information SessionsGeneral information sessions about all magnet themes, early colleges, and year-round calendar, along with info about the application and selection process.
- September 4, October 2, November 6, December 4, January 8
- Location: Crossroads I, 5625 Dillard Drive, Cary, NC 27518
- Time: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore all magnet elementary programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
- November 14, 9:30-11:00 at Mills Park Elementary, 509 Mills Park Dr., Cary, NC 27519
- December 11, 9:30-11:00 at Scotts Ridge Elementary, 6601 Apex Barbecue Rd., Apex, NC 27502
- January 8, 9:30-11:00 at North Forest Pines Elementary , 11501 Forest Pines Dr., Raleigh, NC 27614
- January 15, 9:30-11:00 at Brier Creek Elementary, 9801 Brier Creek Pkwy., Raleigh, NC 27617
Magnet Middle School Evening Mini Fairs
Explore all magnet middle school programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
- November 12, 6p-7:30p - North Forest Pines ES,11501 Forest Pines Dr., Raleigh, NC 27614
- December 10, 6p-7:30p - Mills Park ES, 509 Mills Park Dr., Cary, NC 27519
- January 8, 6p-7:30p - Holly Grove ES, 1451 Avent Ferry Rd., Holly Springs, NC