This page will contain and be updated with various links that we will use IN CLASS throughout the year for lessons.Hydrosphere Unit Activities:Activity 1: Freshwater JigsawActivity 2: CMAPP Notes on Ocean Environment & Food Webs/ Notes on Ocean ResourcesActivity 3: Pollution Foldable
Activity 4: World Water Crisis Powerpoint (Questions at the end)Activity 5: Persuasion Poster
- Flap #1 Point Source Pollution (Inside Top- Pic; Inside Bottom- Notes)
- Flap #2 Non-Point Source Pollution (Inside Top- Pic; Inside Bottom- Notes)
- Flap #3 How to Preven Point Source Pollution (Inside Top- Pic; Inside Bottom- 3 Strategies)
- Flap #4 How to Prevent Non-Point Source Pollution (Inside Top- Pic; Inside Bottom- 3 Strategies)
- BACK- Water Treatment Steps (Picture and Steps p.C52)
- Textbook Pages and Images:
Chemistry Unit Activities:Activity 1: Physical & Chemical Changes in Matter Webquest
- Instructions: After researching water conservation methods using the links below, students will create a “Persuasion Poster” to help describe ways in which others can be “water conscious.” (for example: "turn off the water while you are brushing your teeth" and draw a picture of someone brushing his/her teeth with the water not running at the same time.) Use this rubric to help make sure you have all components.
- Research Links:
- Protecting the Water Supply
- Humans and the Water Supply
- Water Pollution
- http://www.discoveryeducation.com (you may research any water conservation methods here)
- Presentation Google Doc: While meeting and presenting with other groups, click here to fill out the google doc and show me what you've learned!
Activity 2: History of the Periodic Table- Board Builder Lesson
Activity 3: "Don't Change" Music Video
- Pre-Assignment: Before starting this activity you MUST have watched and taken notes on our flip video for "History of the Periodic Table"
- When you have completed your notes, go to http://www.discoveryeducation.com
- Username: wcp###### (# = your student ID/lunch number)
- Password: ####### (# = your student ID/lunch number)
- Click on "Assignments" tab at the top of the screen
- Click on "History of the PT Board Builder" Assignment
- Read all instructions carefully and begin! Make sure once you complete your board that you share it with me, otherwise you will not be given credit for this assignment!
- After finishing your board, go back to your "Assignments" page.
- Click on "Matter Basics and History of the Periodic Table" Assessment and complete the assessment by selecting the best answer.
- This assessment is to allow me to see how well you have retained material prior to track out and if we need to reteach anything, so please TRY your best!
Activity 4: Periodic Table Webquest
Activity 5: Build an Atom LinkUse the links below in helping you to create your bonding foldableCells & Microbiology:Activity 1: Mitosis Paper Slide Video
- Day #1:
- Play Song and Review Lyrics
- Work with your group to create moves for your assigned verse
- Work with your group to analyze questions for your verse in the student packet
- Practice Run Through
- Day #2:
- Run through
- Jigsaw Activity