To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
To encourage parents and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
NCPTA is North Carolina's oldest and largest volunteer organization advocating for the education, health, and success of all children and youth while building strong families and communities.