Materials needed for PE:
1. Combination lock (strongly recommended for locking up valuables)
2. Dress out clothes
*Options for dressing out are as follows:
– Black, gray, or white crew neck t-shirt, “Durant Athletics” teal crew neck t-shirt (sold by Durant Booster Club), “Durant DRMS” black, gray, white, pink, tie-dye, or teal crew neck t-shirt (sold by the PTA).
-Black, gray, or white shorts – shorts must adhere to the DRMS school wide dress code – they must be no shorter than 6 inches above the student’s knee.
-Athletic shoes and socks (remove jewelry and lock in PE locker).
* Sweatpants and sweatshirts of any color are allowed as long as the dress out short and t-shirt is worn under the sweats.
*The DRMS dress out policy is also posted on the Healthful Living webpage.
- Students are expected to enter the gymnasium using the appropriate set of double doors located across from the auditrium (girls enter through one set of doors, boys enter through the other).
– Students will then enter into the locker room via the gym.
– Students will have 5 minutes to change clothes and report back to the gym.
– Once in the gym, students will have a seat in their FIT GRID attendance lines.
*Once attendance has been recorded, instructions for the days’ class will be given.
– Students will have 5 minutes to change back into the clothes they wore to school.
– Upon entering the gym from the locker rooms, the boys will take a seat on the green line starting by the door in which they entered at the beginning of class. The girls will also have a seat on the green line starting by the door in which they entered at the beginning of class.
– Upon dismissal, students will leave the gym in an orderly fashion, making sure to stay to the right while walking in the hallways to their next class.