We have five special/optional schools and programs.
- The Bridges Program is an alternative elementary program for grades Kindergarten through grade 5. Students are primarily referred by schools.
- Longview School serves students in grades 6 through 12. Students are placed as the result of a team decision.
- Mary E. Phillips High School extends an invitation to any Wake County High School student who has not reached his or her potential within a traditional school setting.
- Mt. Vernon School is an alternative school with the capacity to serve 90 6th through 8th graders who are mild to moderate at-risk students.
- River Oaks Middle features two programs for referred Wake County middle school students. Our base program serves students who are not finding success in their base school.