Calendar Application School Changes
Draft 1 of the Student Enrollment Proposal includes a proposal that would change the calendar application school for some schools.
Students who live in the base attendance area of the following schools are proposed to have changes to their calendar application schools:
- Abbotts Creek Elementary (no current students affected)
- Wakefield Middle
- Sycamore Creek Elementary
- Fuquay-Varina Middle
If approved, students affected by this change would have four options:
- Apply to remain at their current school. You would not be eligible for district transportation.
- Apply to attend the new calendar application school (if applicable). If approved, you would be eligible for district transportation.
- Apply to any other school during the request for transfer period. (Utilize any other application window). Use the address lookup tool to determine if transportation will be provided.
- Attend your base school. No action would be required. District transportation would be provided.
The Office of Student Assignment will be contacting affected students to discuss these choices.
Use our address look-up tool to see your proposed application schools.