The Student Device Program for the 2021-22 school year provides every WCPSS student with a student device to use at school and at home. Students will receive a new student device every three to four years. To participate in the Student Device Program, students must sign an annual Student Device Program Agreement Form and follow the expectations outlined in the agreement.
To ensure the success of the program, students are expected to:
- Bring their device to school each day, fully charged.
- Take their device home each night to use and to charge.
- Avoid eating and drinking around their device.
- Keep their device clean.
- Use their device in accordance with the policies, rules, and expectations of the district and school.
- Return their device at the end of the device’s life cycle, withdrawal from WCPSS, or upon request from the district.
- Report any issues to their teacher or school’s Technology Contact as soon as possible.
There is no fee to participate in the Student Device Program.
Devices assigned to students are for the individual student’s use only. Schools are not to collect devices short-term, direct students to give up their devices for classroom use or testing, or create alternative programs.
Guides to Technology can be found on https://www.wcpss.net/techguides