Welcome to our Alston Ridge and Sycamore Creek families!
Welcome to Brier Creek Elementary! Even though you may only be with us until a seat opens up at your base school, I hope you feel at home here in our school community!
At this time, your base school's Data Manager will communicate with our Data Manager, Mark Flynn, to finalize your enrollment with us. Please make sure Mr. Flynn knows whether you would like to be enrolled for in-person learning or in our Virtual Academy. He can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 919-484-4747, extension 20124. Within the next two business days, Mr. Flynn will be in touch with you regarding your teacher assignment and start date. If you do not hear from him within a few days, please email me directly at email@example.com.
In the meantime, let me share some information you might find helpful:
- School Calendar - Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Multi-Track Year Round schools are operating on a single-track calendar for the remainder of this school year. We anticipate returning to a multi-track calendar for the 21-22 school year. In the event you are with us for the 21-22 school year, please go ahead and complete our Track Preference Survey. We will begin assigning 21-22 tracks to new families in May. A calendar of events for our school is maintained on our website.
- Transportation - Bus transportation is available, or you may choose to drive your child to and from school using our carpool procedures. More information about transportation can be found here on our website.
- School Communication - On Sunday evenings, I send an email & text message to parents with announcements for the week. Past messages can be found here on our website. I also hope you will follow our school social media accounts:
- School Meals - Breakfast and lunch are free each day for all students during the 20-21 school year. In-person students will be offered a hot lunch daily, but may choose to pack a lunch from home. Virtual Academy students can pick up lunch (and breakfast for the next day) from of our school from 10:30-12:30 each weekday, or may go to a Big Bus location to pick up meals. More information on school lunch can be found here.
- More Information - Please take some time to learn more about our school and your child's grade-level on our website!
I look forward to meeting you soon!
Kathy Livengood, Principal