Good Evening, parents. Here are the some very important announcements for the week of 08/3/20:
As we begin looking towards this new year, I want to thank each one of you for allowing us the honor and pleasure of serving your student! Please know that I understand the great responsibility that you place on us, and please know that we are passionate about providing all our students a safe, inviting, and rigorous school climate where they can build on their strengths and interests and reach their ultimate potential. I believe in our teachers, I believe in our students, and I believe that we have a school family that cares and supports students. As we begin to prepare for the beginning of instruction on August 17, please note the following important points:
- We will begin the year with ALL students engaged in remote instruction (online). Students will receive emails (WCPSS accounts) from their teachers with instructions on how to join their classes.
- We will be posting a class schedule on our website so that students know when each class is meeting each day. Class meetings will begin on August 17.
- Eventually, we will transition to rotating students onto campus for face-to-face instruction. When that happens will be determined by the district and we will make sure families are aware.
- If you signed up for Virtual Academy, you will still be enrolled in classes at Phillips HS, you just will remain engaged fully online for the entire semester.
- Please be sure to 1. Check your voicemails for messages from WCPSS around calendars, schedules, and resources. 2. Please check our website regularly for updated information that will be posted. 3. Students – begin checking your WCPSS email frequently as that is the primary way we will be communicating directly to you.
- For our new families – we will be scheduling virtual orientation sessions in the afternoons throughout the first two weeks of school. We will be sending links to those sessions directly to students’ WCPSS email so that they can join these sessions with their parents. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly at 919-856-7710.