Welcome to the 2019-20 School Year!
As we prepare to enter the third decade of this century (yep, it’s true!) we look forward to continued growth and success for our students, teachers and families in our community. Wake County is the largest district in our state. By Aug. 26, we will have 161,000 students attending 191 schools across our district. We are excited about the great learning and teaching experiences in store! Here at Hilburn, we are excited to make learning personal in a smaller, warm, caring nest of learners. Use the available navigations in this section to help your family prepare for the 2019-2020 School Year!
WE NEED YOU! Join the fun and nourish your child's experience!
This year, we’re calling on parents to get involved in their child’s academic life. Study after study point to the same thing -- parental involvement is crucial to student success. By becoming meaningfully involved in your child’s school life, you’re showing them that school is interesting and important to you. Beyond academics, we want you to be an active part of your child's social and emotional development.
Some easy things every parent can do to be involved:
- Partner with your child’s teacher. Develop a relationship with your child’s teacher and ask them about how you can support your child’s learning outside of school hours.
- Show interest in your child’s schoolwork. Get in the habit of asking them about what they learned in school. Help with homework, and let them know that you’re available to answer questions.
- Join the PTA, attend school events and volunteer to help your child’s classroom. Your child’s school can’t do it alone. It takes a strong school community to make sure every child reaches their potential.
- Create time to talk to your child. Your child may not always have a ton to share about school, but you can create time to engage in meaningful communication about a host of other topics. Our Hawks can’t do it alone. It takes a strong school community to make sure every child reaches their potential.
25 Years #ontheHil
This year, we’re celebrating our 25th year! As we celebrate our silver year, we look forward to inviting you into our nest to celebrate the hidden treasure of our K-8 community.
- Welcome Letters are available online. Navigate this Welcome to 2019-2020 Section to find important information for your student.
- Elementary Schedules will be posted on Thursday, August 22, 2019. PowerSchool will be live for parents shortly before on Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
- Middle School Schedules will be available for pickup before Open House on Friday, August 23, 2019. Schedules will be available beginning at 10 am. Any PowerSchool schedules viewable before August 22, 2019, may be inaccurate. Final schedules will be printed and shared on Friday, August 23, 2019.
- August 8, 2019: Popsicles on the Playground (Rising Kindergarten Student Event) 5:30-6:30 pm!
- August 10, 2019: Campus Beautification Day! We need your help! Sign up through our Hilburn PTA! Indoor and Outdoor Options!
- August 22, 2019: Grades 1-5 Open House 4-6pm.
- August 23, 2019: Hawkpalooza (Rising 6th Grade Event) 9-10:00am.
- August 23, 2019: Kona Ice (Middle School Mingle) 10-10:30am.
- August 23, 2019: Middle School Open House 10-12pm.
- August 26, 2019: 1st Day of School!
- August 26-29, 2019: Kindergarten Staggered Entry Days.
- August 30, 2019: Kindergarten Open House 1-2pm.