NTHS's Mission is to honor student achievement and leadership in career and technical education, promote educational service, award scholarships, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
What is NTHS?
NTHS is the acknowledged leader in the recognition of outstanding student achievement in career & technical education. Thousands of schools and colleges are affiliated with the Society. Member schools agree that NTHS encourages higher scholastic achievement, cultivates a desire for personal excellence, and helps top students find success in today's highly competitive workplace. Membership in NTHS will look great on your resume when applying for jobs, scholarships, and colleges! NTHS is an Honors Club for CTE Students!
What criteria is used to select students?
- The minimum GPA we will accept is a 3.0 with a 3.5 in CTE courses.
- We also look for students who have completed at least 2 CTE courses including:
Personal Finance, Principles of Business, Sports & Entertainment Marketing (I&II), Strategic Marketing, Teen LivingNo major disciplinary recordTeacher recommendation based on the ability to follow instructions, work in a team, show pride in work, be dependable, responsible, and honest, demonstrate a positive attitude, leadership skills, citizenship, and initiative. Students may select the teacher to complete the recommendation, and the recommendation must be turned in to What do students get?
- Accounting (I&II), Apparel Development (I&II), Animal Science (I&II), Business Law, Business Management , Carpentry (I,II,& III) , Computer Engineering Tech. (I& II), Core & Sust.Construction
- Digital Media(I&II), Drafting (I, II& III), Early Childhood (I&II ), Equine Science (I&II), Entrepreneurship (I&II), Fashion Design III, Foods (I&II), Health Science (I&II), Health Team Relations
- Horticulture (I&II), Interior Design (I& II), Marketing, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Multimedia Webpage Design, Network Engineering Technology, Parenting and Child Development
Full time students inducted as NTHS members prior to January each year are eligible to apply for scholarships through the website http://www.nths.org/
NTHS members also receive: club membership activities to add to a resume, the NTHS custom certificate, presentation folder, member pin, ID card, window decal, white graduation tassel, official NTHS diploma seal and customized general letter of recommendation for the student's career portfolio. Once the student logs in he or she may request up to three personal letters of recommendation for employment, college admission, or scholarship committees and gain access to the NTHS Online Career Center including these valuable services: Career Safe and Career Key. How much does it cost?
The membership fee per student is $25. This is a one-time fee. Students do not need to renew their membership. Pay for Membership HERE
What is the deadline to join?
Full time NTHS students that have been inducted prior to January each year may be eligible to apply for scholarships online during the first quarter of the upcoming year!! For this reason, all applications and instructor nominations must be submitted prior to October 31, 2014.
Who is the NTHS Advisor?
Sarah Joyner, Career Development Coordinator
Email: email@example.com Phone: 919-562-3657