Our service to the community extends beyond the school year. During the summer, we sponsor schools and other organizations (feeding sites) in the Summer Food Service Program which is administered by the N.C. Department of Public Instruction.Through our partnership with our feeding sites, we are able to provide meals to children and teens up to the age of 18. Organizations that would like to serve as feeding sites should contact us at 919-856-2918 for information.Through June 30, 2022, all children age 18 and under may receive breakfast and lunch at no cost via Curbside locations. Meals are also free to all Wake County students when they are at school for in-person instruction. Meals will not be available on holidays designated on the student’s calendar.Fill out this form to identify a responsible party to pick up meals for your child.
Curbside service will now be provided ONLY at the following locations from 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Curbside service will not be operational on the school's non-instructional days (teacher workdays, holidays, etc.)
- Lincoln Heights Magnet Elementary - Lunch for the day and breakfast for the next instructional day will be provided
- Poe Magnet Elementary - Lunch for the day and breakfast for the next instructional day will be provided
- Reedy Creek Middle - Beginning Thursday, September 23: A weekly meal bundle that will include up to 5 lunches and 5 breakfasts based on the school's instructional calendar will be provided on Thursdays.
- Wake Forest High - Lunch for the day and breakfast for the next instructional day will be provided
- West Cary Middle - Last day of service is Thursday, September 16. A weekly meal bundle that will include up to 5 lunches and 5 breakfasts based on the school's instructional calendar will be provided on Thursdays.
We are grateful for the outreach from many of our parents and community members asking how they can help.
Apply for Free or Reduced Price Meals at School
Families can apply at any time for free or reduced price meals at school, which may also qualify them for other state and federal benefits. Learn more at wcpss.net/meals.
Pandemic Electronic Benefits Program (P-EBT)
The state of North Carolina will continue to provide additional benefits through the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT). This program helps families purchase food for children whose access to free and reduced-price meals at school has been impacted by virtual learning for school year 2020-2021 due to COVID-19. Learn more.