Kudos-Thank you to the PBIS committee for organizing our first “Fun-Friday” event on Nov. 2 for students who had five or less teacher signatures on their planner cards. A Special Shout Out to Ms. Salvador for making sure all students who earned the reward signed up and were placed in a spot. We had over 95% of our 865 students earn the reward. Staff and students had a great time!
- AFMS's C.E.S. (Chargers Engaged in Service) collected over 6,000 socks during the month of October and personally delivered those socks to the Note in the Pocket organization. Thanks to all who purchased and donated socks.
Save the Dates:
- Author Visit-The author Scott Reingten is coming to speak with all our students on Wednesday, November 7.
· Veteran’s Day Honor Ceremony will be held on Friday, November 9th, with the formal beginning starting at approximately 8:00 AM, in the courtyard. Students that do not wish to attend will be able to view a livestream in the collaborative space of their hallway with a grade level teacher.
· Holiday-Veteran’s Day-Nov. 12- No school for staff or students
· Early Release Day-Nov. 20. Students will be released at 12:30pm
· Vacation Day-Nov. 21-No school for staff or students
· Holiday-Nov. 22 and 23-Happy Thanksgiving- No school for staff or students.
Another First-We have completed our first quarter at AFMS and Report Cards are going home on Friday, Nov. 9. Quarter two began Wednesday, Oct. 31.
Become a Guest Speaker at AFMS-Here is the link to an important survey on our school's website if you are interested in being a Guest Speaker about your career, becoming a mentor for students, or joining our school's Business Alliance. Ms. Guinn, our Career Development Coordinator.
In Sports News:
A Big THANK YOU to everyone who came out to support our student athletes.
Upcoming Sporting events: Please come out and support our student athletes.
Wednesday, Nov. 7-AFMS Soccer and Volleyball teams will play Lufkin Road Middle School @ Apex Friendship MS.
Thursday, Nov. 8-AFMS Football team will play Lufkin Road MS @ Apex Friendship MS.