Kudos-Thanks to the awesome staff members who have agreed to serve as facilitators and coaches to our afterschool clubs and sporting teams. This requires staff to go above and beyond the regular school day and we appreciate their efforts and energy. As a result, students have a variety of opportunities to be a part of a team or participate in a club as a part of our school community.
- AFMS's C.E.S. (Chargers Engaged in Service) is engaged in our first service project, Socktober. We are collecting NEW socks and will donate them to Note in the Pocket and homeless shelters in North Carolina.
- Who: This will be a homeroom competition. The homeroom from each grade level with the highest number of collected socks will win a prize! The Homeroom with the highest overall number of collected socks will win a celebration!
- What: SOCKS! Each pair of new socks = 1 point for your homeroom. Additionally, each student and teacher in the homeroom class who wears "wacky/tacky or mismatched socks" on Fridays will earn one point for the class
- When: During the month of October, "socktober"
- Where: Each homeroom class will be given a collection box and will have those boxes emptied weekly. Please turn in socks to your homeroom teacher!
- When you donate, feel free to use the hashtag #Socktober
Late Work-All late work for all teachers is due on Friday, Oct. 8, 2018
*Updated Information/Date Change-Curriculum Night has been moved to Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018. Please visit our school website and twitter.
Save the Date and We Need Donations-Our First School Dance is Friday, Oct. 26 from 7-9pm. Our Student Council needs decorations for our Costume Ball dance. We are asking for Halloween type decorations including lights. If you can help, please send items in to your child’s Homeroom teacher or drop items off to the main office. Thank you.
Sign Up for Free/Reduced-price Meals
This is a message from Wake County Public School System Child Nutrition for families about school meals.
If your student is eating school meals this year after receiving meals benefits last year, the 2017-18 benefits will expire Tuesday, October 9.
Please be sure to apply now for 2018-19 benefits. The process is even easier now with online applications for free and reduced price school meals. Go to www.wcpss.net/meals to determine if your student qualifies and then complete the online application. Paper copies of the application are also available at the school.
Make-Up Days- from Hurricane Florence:
· Oct. 19 (Early Release day to full day of school)
· Oct. 31 (Teacher Workday to full day of school
Become a Guest Speaker at AFMS-Here is the link to an important survey on our school's website if you are interested in being a Guest Speaker about your career, becoming a mentor for students, or joining our school's Business Alliance. Ms. Guinn, our Career Development Coordinator.
In Sports News:
A Big THANK YOU to everyone who came out to support our student athletes.
Upcoming Sporting events: Please come out and support our student athletes.
Wednesday, Oct. 10-AFMS Soccer and Volleyball teams will play @ home against East Cary Middle.
Thursday, Oct. 11-AFMS Football team will play @ home against East Cary Middle.