Kudos-We have had a great three weeks of school and we appreciate all your support to ensure a smooth start. A big SHOUTOUT to our carpool parents for doing a fantastic job during morning drop-off and afternoon pickup.
- Many students are leaving items at home or in the car. Parents are welcome to bring those items to school, however students will only be called out of class for lunch, lunch money, or house keys. All other items will be left in the main office and students will need to pick them up with teacher permission or during a class change.
- Personal Locks are needed for students to use during their gym rotation to ensure the safety of their personal items.
- Please do not request to change your child's transportation after 2:30. We can't guarantee the message will get to your child.
- As of Sept. 17, we are asking parents to refrain from checking your child out of school after 2:30. This is an extremely busy time for us in the main office, as we prepare for student dismissal.
Become a Guest Speaker at AFMS-Here is the link to an important survey on our school's website if you are interested in being a Guest Speaker about your career, becoming a mentor for students, or joining our school's Business Alliance. Ms. Guinn, our Career Development Coordinator.
Picture Day-Tuesday, Sept. 25- Your child should have brought home information.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony- Friday, Sept 28th at 10:00am is our Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. Parents are welcome to attend; however, parking will be limited.
Yearbooks on Sale Now- Don't miss out on your chance to order the inaugural AFMS yearbook at the lowest price of the year, $35 now through September 28. To order, go to jostensyearbooks.com.
Make-Up Days- from Hurricane Florence:
- 28 (Early Release day to full day of school
- 19 (Early Release day to full day of school)
- 31 (Teacher Workday to full day of school).
Interims- will go home on Monday, Oct. 1.
Late Work-All late work for all teachers is due on Friday, Oct. 8, 2018
*Updated Information/Date Change-Curriculum Night has been moved to Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018. Please visit our school website and twitter.
Sign Up for Free/Reduced-price Meals
This is a message from Wake County Public School System Child Nutrition for families about school meals.
If your student is eating school meals this year after receiving meals benefits last year, the 2017-18 benefits will expire Tuesday, October 9.
Please be sure to apply now for 2018-19 benefits. The process is even easier now with online applications for free and reduced price school meals. Go to www.wcpss.net/meals to determine if your student qualifies and then complete the online application. Paper copies of the application are also available at the school.
In Sports News:
Congratulations to our girls’ volleyball and soccer teams! Great Win against Reedy Creek Middle School.
Upcoming Sporting events:
Wednesday, Sept. 26-AFMS Soccer and Volleyball against Fuquay Varina @ Fuquay Varina.
Thursday, Sept 27-AFMS Football against Fuquay Varina @ Fuquay Varina.