National Junior Honors Society
NJHS is a student-lead organization that focuses on improving both the school and surrounding communities. Members work to create and organize service projects that make the Dillard Drive community a great place to live, learn, and play! There are five pillars that NJHS builds upon:
- Scholarship. Members must maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Service. This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation.
- Leadership. Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others.
- Character. The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and generally maintains a clean disciplinary record.
- Citizenship. The student who demonstrates citizenship understands the importance of civic engagement; has a high regard for freedom and justice; respects the U.S. form of government; respects the law for all citizens at the local, state, and federal levels; and demonstrates mature participation and responsibility in activities such as scouting, community organizations, or school clubs.
Mr. David Naab