Zebulon GT Magnet Elementary School is focused on providing students with the tools necessary to compete in a global learning society. Students at ZES can bring their own devices to foster 21st century learning which involves thinking critically, communicating effectively, and creatively collaborating with peers locally and globally. This implementation will enhance great instructional practices already taking place at ZES and help our Cougars show PRIDE.
The BYOD initiative at ZES is a privilege not a right.
BYOD @ ZES 2017-18
- The fifth grade teachers and students will participate in the WCPSS BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program of this year for the first time. The fifth grade teachers received training in the winter of this year and will begin implementing the program in the 4th quarter.
- Several schools in Wake County have implemented a BYOD program. Please click on the link to find more information about the WCPSS BYOD program.
Important BYOD Dates--Tentative
- BYOD Fifth Grade Parent Night: March 1, 2018
- BYOD Student Training on PRIDE BYOD: April 9-13, 2018
- BYOD Fifth Grade Start Date: April 9, 2018