Transfer Request for Next School Year
Who is eligible to request a school transfer?
The following may request a school transfer for the current school year or next school year:
- Families who are new to Wake County (within 10 days of enrolling).
- Families who have moved residences within Wake County (within 10 days of changing your address).
Those who submit transfer requests will be notified by email if your request is approved or denied. If eligible, the email will include information about how to schedule an appeal to the Board of Education.
Change your address during the school year
If you moved within Wake County during the school year, you have three options: remain at your current school for the remainder of the school year, attend the base school of your new address or request a transfer to a different school within 10 days of changing your address.
- To stay at your current school, update your address with the data manager at your current school. You will need to submit a transfer request if you wish to remain beyond the current school year.
- To attend your new base school, update your address with the data manager at your new base school.
- To request a transfer to a different school, submit a transfer request within 10 days of changing your address.
Transfer and magnet students who move to a new address will not be affected. Transportation options for Magnet students may be impacted.
TransportationSchool transportation is not provided to to students who receive an assignment based on a transfer request, unless the school is the base school or one of the calendar option schools for your address.
Is my desired school accepting transfers?
Some schools are too full and are not accepting any transfer students. Any available seats at the school are reserved for future base students.
Check school status.