Please make sure you have checked PowerSchool/HomeBase for your most current schedule (including teacher name) prior to requesting a schedule change.
Students may access this schedule change form through the RHS website August 21-30 to request a schedule change. This form will be the only method to request a schedule change. Our Student Services team will be very busy getting ready for the start of the school year and will not be available to meet face-to-face to discuss schedule change requests. The form should only be submitted one time per student; all requests that meet the criteria for a schedule change will receive a response by September 1. Students are encouraged to check PowerSchool often to see if their change request has been granted. Once school starts, students will receive new schedules in their 1st period class the day after a change has been made; changes will be available to view in PowerSchool much more quickly.
Students who wish to request a schedule change pay careful attention to the process outlined below. Schedule changes will only be granted if they meet the specific criteria. Students will not be able to change their schedule because they no longer wish to take a course they requested, they prefer to have a different teacher, or because they received a course that was not one of their top choices. Students wishing to drop an AP course had to have done so by the deadline (July 15). The deadline for seniors to apply for Mid-year graduation was June 9.
A student may be eligible for a schedule change if:
- a student wants to increase rigor (moving from an Academic course to Honors course or an Honors course to an AP course)
- a student is scheduled for a course they have previously passed, a student is missing a course needed to graduate (this only applies to Seniors)
- a student has an incomplete schedule (holes in schedules will be filled with courses selected during the registration process OR classes with available space at the time of the request)
- a student is scheduled for the same course twice
- a student has a schedule with a sequencing issue (i.e. scheduled for French II before French I - in this case the scheduling issue will be fixed, but the student will not be able to select new courses)
Throughout the course registration and scheduling process, Student Services has worked to schedule our 2200+ students in the courses that will put them on the path toward future success. While we strive to give every student the schedule they desire, we also have to balance class sizes, student needs, and the constraints of the master schedule. Some students may find that they have a course on their schedule that was not one of their top choices. While we know that this is not ideal, every course offered at Rolesville High School offers curriculum that will benefit students and help them develop 21st century skills to become college and career ready.
Your Schedule: KNOW your first period Teacher/Room
Look at your schedule. It is very important that you pay attention to it. The class that you have for first period is the place you will report the first day of school. We will not plan to run a revised schedule that first day.
We also need to give you important information to consider regarding your schedule.
- Deadline to submit applications for CCP or CTE internships: August 25 (Fall semester), January 10 (Spring semester)
- Deadline to submit applications for Early Release (Seniors only, Spring semester only): September 1
- Deadline to request a schedule change: August 30
- Deadline to submit a request to move to the Academic section of a Honors course: September 6