The Eye of the Hurricane is a student led newspaper. Click below for current and past issues. Send any feedback to the Newspaper Club Sponsor found under Afterschool Activities.
FAQ-Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to attend afterschool meetings? Afterschool meetings are optional. There will be 3-4 meetings this school year.
- When do I write my articles for the paper? As a reporter, you are expected to write your articles at home and submit them online.
- I don't have a computer at home, can I still be a reporter? Yes, just stop by and talk to Mrs. Davis on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. We will figure something out.
- Do I have to type my articles for the newspaper? Yes.
- Can I write about anything? Topics are chosen by the Newspaper Club members
- Will I get a copy of the Eye of the Hurricane once it is published? No. All publications are posted online at the HES website under Students-Eye of the Hurricane. You can print your own copy at home if you wish.
- I have another question not covered here. Who do I ask? Mrs. Davis is at HES on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Stop by her office in the Media Center. You can also email Mrs. Davis at email@example.com. Get permission from your parents before emailing Mrs. Davis.