East Millbrook Academy of the Visual and Performing Arts (AVPA)
Please contact our Magnet Coordinator with any questions.
(919) 850-8755 ext. 27359
Wake County has a new home for the arts: The East Millbrook Academy of the Visual and Performing Arts
- Students are offered the opportunity to explore the arts in leveled, progressive visual and performing arts classes.
- Arts course offerings: 2D Visual Art, 3D Visual Art, Theatre, Chorus, Band, Orchestra, Dance, Piano Lab, and Electric Strings.
- Students who seek deep study in a chosen art form can take a double-period arts Guild class. Imagine 2 back-to-back class periods every school day to practice and advance in your child's artistic passion. This is available only at East Millbrook.
- Guild classes are creative artistic laboratories made up of the most devoted and talented visual and performing art students.
Living the Arts every day: Arts Integration that reaches every student on campus
- All students learn about the arts through:
- Arts-integrated experiences in all classes on campus
- Driven by our amazing Arts Integration Specialist who is the only one of her kind in WCPSS
- Standards-based arts education helping students to more deeply connect and excel in Math, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies classes
- Professional artists working directly with East Millbrook students
- Arts-centered field trips and performances
- Arts-focused service learning projects