At Wilburn, we believe homework prepares students for independence, makes a clear connection to classroom learning, and builds a partnership between school, home, and community.
- Allow students to work on homework for morning work
- NOT penalize students for not bringing in homework
- Provide online resources (websites, video links) to support understanding
- Give no more than 30 minutes of practice work each night.
- Be open to differentiate homework for specific student needs
- Plan work that spirals standards to practice previously learned skills
- Communicate specific homework procedures and specific examples via website and Class DOJO
- Provide feedback and time for students to communicate scheduling and content challenges
- Communicate through Class DOJO if they have questions
- Access online resources through teacher websites
- Provide a routine and a space for children to complete homework
- Provide help/feedback after the child has attempted work on his/her own
- Attempt homework independently
- Share work with family
- Communicate scheduling and content challenges regarding homework with the teacher