Students & Parents/Guardian can receive text messages regarding information specific to the Class of 2020 by texting @WFHS2020 to 81010. Parents/Guardians can also Join Our Email Services to stay informed
Helpful Tips for Freshman
- Make sure you are enrolled in classes designed to prepare you for your future plans (college, military, workforce)
- Visit CFNC.org to get helpful tips on how to be a successful high school student and what you should do to begin planning for life after high school. CFNC promotes access to North Carolina higher education and assists students with education planning, career planning, and applying and paying for college.
- Join clubs and service organizations here at WFHS and in your community that may expose you to new interests and possible careers
- Look for enriching summer programs that you can participate in during the summer
- Talk with your parents/guardian or relatives about your options, ambitions and aspirations
- There have been increasing concerns about how students' social media image could be affecting their college and employment prospects. Check out these considerations and tips to be more social media savvy!
- Check out this Freshman Planning Timeline