Follow these steps to learn more about National Board Certification and to begin the application process:
- Register for an information session. (Note: You must be a WCPSS employee to register for these sessions. Employees can find a list of these sessions on WakeConnect.)
- Review the About Certification, Getting Started and Resources for First-Time Candidates sections of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards website;
- If you are eligible, apply for the NC-SEAA loan on the N.C. Department of Public Instruction website;
- Create an account at www.boardcertifiedteachers.org;
- Pay the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards $75 annual registration fee; and
- Select and purchase the components you would like to complete.