RAMS Academy Need to Knows
- Students will take four classes each semester. They will take English I, at least one Math, Healthful Living, Earth Science or Honors Biology, World History (Academics/Honors), and elective classes over the course of the year.
- Freshman will need a minimum of six credits at the end of the year to become a sophomore.
- Specific classes required for promotion include:
-2 of the 3 core subject classes
Math (Intro to Math, Math I, Math II or higher)
Science (Earth Science or Biology)
Social Studies (World History)
-Minimum of 3 additional credits (core and/or elective)
- Students will be offered time for remediation and make-up sessions daily during RAMS Readiness Time.
- Students will take an EOC Test at the completion of Common Core Math I. The EOC test will count for 25% of the student's overall grade.
- Progress Reports are sent home every 3 weeks for Core and Healthful Living Courses in the Academy.
- Report Cards are sent home every 9 weeks. These reports include comments from the teacher, attendance for the grading period and class average.
- Questions? Concerns? Email your student's teachers, which are located under the Directory tab. Communication between students, parents and teachers are a vital part of making the Freshman Year a Success!