Mrs. Raleigh G. Bame, Principal
Throughout my K-12 learning years, I was blessed with amazing teachers and principals, who invested in my learning and personal growth. I completed my undergraduate degree at North Carolina State in Middle Grades Education (English and Social Studies). After teaching for seven years, and completing my Master’s degree at NCSU along the way, I moved into the role of assistant principal at Green Hope and Sanderson High Schools. My time in high school was extremely rewarding, yet I felt something was missing. After having two children of my own, I wanted to experience education through the eyes of younger children. I transitioned to Mills Park Elementary as an Assistant Principal. I joined the staff at Laurel Park Elementary School in the spring of 2016, after serving nine years as an assistant principal. I am very proud to be a part of such a loving and supportive school.
When I am not at school, I enjoy spending time with my family. My husband, Rodney, and I have two wonderful children, Barron (12) and Bennett (9). Both of my children are products of LPES. As both a staff member and parent, I work to utilize both roles to better serve the Laurel Park community. I look forward to working with the students, staff, and parent community for years to come!
In order to get the year off to a great start, please consider adding the following practices into your child’s daily schedule:
- Send your child to school every day and on time.
- Make sure your child gets at least eight hours of sleep each night. We love for our sweet friends to come to school with bright eyes.
- Establish a routine for reading. The single most important gift we can give our children is the love of reading. Read-aloud with them each night and make it a special time for family bonding.
- Keep in touch with your child’s teacher via e-mail, telephone, notes, or letters. We, in turn, promise to share weekly updates and information with your family.
- Please attend school-wide events, classroom events, and conferences. We love to see our families having fun and connecting with staff.
- Celebrate your child’s success (giving verbal praise), no matter how small it may seem. This will keep your child be more enthusiastic about learning.
- Have fun and cherish the elementary school years!
As we say at Laurel Park: Every Child, Every Day!