Information for Rising 9th Graders
This site is intended to help Students, Parents, Teachers, and Counselors of Rising 9th Graders prepare for the transition to Athens Drive High School. We are committed to working with all incoming 9th graders to ensure that the transition to high school is smooth and that students are placed in an academic environment that fosters success. Please use these documents to help students plan for 2021-2022 at Athens Drive.
2021-2022 Student Registration Information
Below is Registration information for rising 9th-grade students for the 2021-2022 school year at Athens Drive Magnet High School.
- 2021-2022 Rising 9th Grade Course Registration Sheet
- AD Student Services Website for Rising 9th grade students
- 2021-2022 ADMHS CTE Pathways and Course Descriptions
- Helpful course level explanations for rising 9th grade students use this document to determine the best placement in core classes at Athens Drive. These are general guidelines for choosing honors or other options.
- HSCA Academy Course Selection Guide
- STEM Academy Course Selection Guide
- Graduation Checklist
- Directions for Using Powerschool to select courses: ENGLISH | SPANISH
- Video Directions for Selecting Courses (YouTube)
- 4 Year Graduation Plan Worksheet- use this document to plan your 4 years at Athens and to plan the courses you want to register for next year
Information for private, charter, and homeschool students
If you are a class of 2025 (rising freshman) student who is currently at a charter school, private school, or homeschool, please read the information below:
To assist students that are transferring to Athens Drive Magnet High School from Private, Charter, or Homeschool transition we will offer multiple Registration meetings to review course offerings and assist students with the registartion process for the 2021-22 school year. These registration sessions are designated for students that have been assigned to attend Athens Drive Magnet High School for the 2021-22 school year but were not in a Wake County Public School in the 2020-21 school year. Students must complete course registration for the 2021-22 school year to insure they take the correct required courses and choose elective courses that they are interested in. For information about courses, course description, etc. please click on the Course Registration link.
Options for Registration
- Students/Parents can attend a Private/Charter/Homeschool Registration meeting. Please register for a Registration Session Here.
- If you are unable to attend a registration meeting students can complete the following Registration Worksheet and email the completed form to Tbrown3@wcpss.net. Once that information is received, we will input the requests in Powerschools.
When registering for courses:
1. Students should register for the 8 primary courses and 3 alternate courses that they wish to take. ALTERNATE COURSES SHOULD BE COURSES STUDENTS ARE WILLING TO TAKE. STUDENT SERVICES WILL NOT CHANGE A COURSE IF THE STUDENT HAS REGISTERED FOR IT AS A PRIMARY OR AN ALTERNATE. See the course registration.
2. Students should consult with their teacher to discuss recommendations core class. Students and teachers should dialogue about appropriate courses.
3. Students should be aware that there are some courses that require applications and Teacher approval ex. upper level band and chorus. These courses that require teacher recommendation or application will be denoted with "APP" or "TR"
Note: Students that have applied to the STEM or Health Science Career Academy will receive acceptance or denial notification by March 19, 2021. When attending a registration meeting please inform Mrs. Brown if you were accepted to one of the two academies. When emailing Mrs. Brown your completed registration worksheet please indicate on the form if you have been accepted to one of the academies.