Participants: Boys in grades 3 - 5
The mission of the Helping Hands Program is to provide academic and personal support services to male students, while enabling their parents to effectively utilize educational and community resources, which ewill enhance positive student outcomes.
The main goal of the program is to counteract negative influences that hinder the student's academic and social development.
Other goals of the mentoring program include:
- Improving academic achievement skills
- Building positive self-esteem
- Creating strong interpersonal skills
- Developing leadership qualities
- Establishing a positive support network.
Helping Hands meets after school on Wednesdays until 5:45