Off-Campus Lunch Permits
Lunch Pass Application & Rules - Must take the online course below before being able to receive lunch pass.
Initial off-campus lunch pass cost is $5.00. Replacement passes are $10.00. Please have the exact amount.
GHHS Safety Presentation Alternative for Off-Campus Lunch Passes and On-Campus Vehicle Operation & Parking
Now that the school year is underway, we will not be able to facilitate additional safety presentations in person; however, we have developed an alternative mode of presenting the information to students who are still interested in purchasing a parking pass and/or an off-campus lunch pass. Just as the safety presentations during the summer were mandatory for students planning to obtain parking passes and/or off-campus lunch passes, this alternative method will also be required of any student who did not attend the previous presentations and who wishes to receive a parking pass and/or a lunch pass.
The alternative method involves enrolling in and successfully completing an online “course” through Canvas, the learning module system that students have access to through their WakeID Portal. This course will include two brief videos along with documents outlining formal rules and policies for off-campus lunch and on-campus vehicle operation and parking. The course will also include a brief assessment, which students will be required to pass with a score of 80% or higher to be eligible to receive a parking pass and/or an off-campus lunch pass. Below are the steps that students will need to follow in order to enroll in and complete the course:
1. Go to the WakeID Portal - there’s a link on the GHHS homepage; you can also go to the following link: http://wakeid.wcpss.net and login using your WCPSS credentials.
2. Click on the Canvas icon, which should take you to the Canvas app.
3. After successfully logging into Canvas, copy and paste the following URL into your address bar: https://wcpss.instructure.com/enroll/JNX7HJ. This URL will take you to an auto-enroll page. Click the “Enroll in Course” button that appears in the top right-hand part of the screen.
4. Once you’ve done that, you should see a message that says, “You have successfully enrolled in GHHS Safety 101.” To the right, there will be a button that says “Go to Course,” which you will need to click to go to the actual course page. (After enrolling, you should also be able to access the course through the “Dashboard”)
5. Once you’ve made it to the actual course shell itself, simply follow the instructions that are posted.
Once students have completed all elements of the Canvas course and have successfully passed the course assessment with a score of 80% or higher, they will be able to pick up their parking pass and/or lunch pass on one of the designated purchase/pickup days.
As a reminder, unless otherwise noted, passes will only be sold and distributed on Wednesdays during lunch. To be able to purchase and/or pick up either a lunch pass or a parking pass, students must have communicated their intent to do so with the front office staff by the day before (Tuesday) as Mrs. Scelsi and the front office staff maintain a list of students who will be coming each Wednesday to ensure that everything is prepared in advance.