ATTENDANCEStudents are required to attend school. Parents must provide written notes stating the reason(s) for each student absence from school on the day the student returns.An absence is excused if the following conditions exist:
- Student or immediate family sickness
- Medical or dental appointment
- Death in the immediate family
- Isolation ordered by the State Board of Health
- Religious observance that is suggested by the religion of the parents
- Participation in valid instructional opportunities as documented on the “Request for Excused Absence for Educational Reasons”
- Court appearance, when a child is under subpoena.
A student must be in attendance at least one half of the school day to be considered present. A full day runs from 7:25 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. Students leaving school before or arriving after 11:00 a.m. will be considered absent for the day.