BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) for Grades 3, 4 and 5
After attending training with district staff, our BYOD Admin and Teacher Teams have worked together with our staff to established rules and procedures to be shared with our entire school community.
Components of our BYOD program:
- Teachers plan and implement rigorous and engaging BYOD activities that support the curriculum.
- Students use kid-safe search engines, educational apps and Internet sites via links on our JGES Student Links page and teachers' web pages.
- Teachers monitor students' usage of devices closely.
- Teachers teach Internet Safety and anti-bullying lessons.
- To ensure that all students will have equal access to technology, staff will provide school-owned devices (iPads, laptops, and desktops) to students without BYOD devices.