IB Primary Years Programme
The Primary Years Programme is designed for ages 3-12. It frames all learning activities throughout the school community, integrating itself within and around the Common Core framework. In addition to meeting North Carolina and federal requirements, schools offering the IB Programme must meet strict guidelines and evaluation by the International Baccalaureate Organization ® in order to attain and maintain authorization as an IB school.
As part of the IB authorization requirements, Smith offers instruction in two world languages, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. Students receive instruction in a world language up to three times per week!
The IB Primary Years Programme:
- Encourages international-mindedness in IB students, developing global thinkers
- Encourages a positive attitude to learning by engaging students in inquiries and developing their awareness of the process of learning so that they can become lifelong learners
- Reflects real life by encouraging learning beyond traditional subjects with meaningful, in-depth inquiries into real life issues based on the Transdisciplinary Themes
*To learn more about the IB-PYP, go to http://www.ibo.org/
- Emphasizes, through the IB Learner Profile, the development of the whole student – physically, intellectually, emotionally, and ethically.
Please sign up for a school tour to see first-hand all that Smith has to offer!
Upcoming Events and Info
Magnet Theme Thursday: Parent Information SessionsGeneral information sessions about all magnet themes, early colleges, and year-round calendar, along with info about the application and selection process.
- Sep. 6, Oct. 4, Nov. 1, Dec. 6, Jan. 10 and Jan. 17
- Location: Crossroads I, 5625 Dillard Drive, Cary, NC 27518
- Time: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Email: email@example.com