Our Magnet Program
The Gifted and Talented Program at Carnage is based on the belief that all students possess gifts and talents that deserve to be identified, nurtured, and rewarded. This means there are no performance measures, auditions, or tests that students must pass before they are accepted into the school. Our school offers an innovative approach to education by allowing students to select from over 100 elective courses to enhance and enrich the core academic curriculum.The Gifted and Talented Program at Carnage offers students electives in:
Students spend four periods a day in the core areas of English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. During their remaining three elective periods students can choose from the areas listed above to hone their existing talents or explore new areas of interest. Most electives are offered on a quarter basis while others are a semester or a year long. This model provides students with the widest variety of choices available to promote the interests beyond core academic classes.
- Social Studies
- English Language Arts
- Career and Technical Education
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts including band, orchestra, dance, theater, and chorus
- World Languages
- Physical Education
- Accelerated instruction in Language Arts and Mathematics for AIG identified students
- Grouping of students according to their identified areas of need.
- Students identified in Language Arts will also have an AIG class for Social Studies
- Students identified in Mathematics will also have an AIG class for Science