Parent Teacher Association
This 2022-23 school year will be unlike any other year at our school and around the country. As we navigate the “new normal” during the current pandemic, Hilburn Academy PTA is still committed to Advocacy, to Benefits for our students, staff, and school, and to Community. Our PTA is a group of parents, teachers, staff, and community members committed to public education.
It is now more important than ever to join the PTA in our mission to “make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.” Whatever option you choose- Plan b or Virtual Academy, Hilburn PTA will be there for you! Whether in school or at home, PTA will continue to serve our Hawk Nest and Families!
Please consider joining our PTA family. To learn more and to join, please visit:
The A-B-C’s of PTA at Hilburn:
PTA advocates for children, families, and schools at the local, state, and federal levels.
- School Funding – advocate for sufficient funds to provide every child with the opportunity for a sound basic education
- Health and Wellness – PTA supports public policy that helps maintain the health and wellness of children.
PTA benefits every child, our teachers, and our school through fundraising.
- Student Benefits – cultural arts programs, field trip scholarships, student agendas
- Teacher Benefits – annual classroom funds, grants, staff appreciation events
- School Benefits – Positivity Project, books for school & classroom libraries, garden & grounds enhancements, basketball court
PTA helps create a community to strengthen and support education through newsletters, workshops, and events.
- Communication – Hawk Talk Newsletter, Room Parent Newsletter, social media
- Parent Workshops – Advocacy, Internet Safety, Social-Emotional Learning
- Fun Family Events – Picnic, Carnival, Family Night Outs