At Vance Elementary we value Good Character! Therefore each month we focus on a different character trait and will recognize those students who exemplify these traits!
COURAGE - showing determination to do the right thing even when others do not; following your conscience rather than the crowd; willing to attempt challenging tasks.
How can you show this?
- Be brave enough to stand up for yourself.
- Try new things
- Step out of your comfort zone
- Make decisions that are best for you, even if your friends don't want you to
- Don't give in to peer pressure.
1. PLAY- On the days leading up to the test, take time at home to play and get your energy out. This will help get your mind and body ready.
2. SLEEP - go to bed a few minutes earlier than normal so that you are getting plenty of rest.
3. BREATHE - Practice taking slow, deep breaths to clear your mind and help you relax during the test.
4. EAT - Choose healthy foods to eat every day! On test day, eat a good, filling breakfast.
Check routes for start of new school year
Our Adult Evening Education program now offers a variety of certificate programs and classes online.