Prospective Parent school tours start at 10:05 am. Tours will take place: September 20, September 28, October 11, October 26, November 9, November 15, December 6, December 21, January 5, January 8, January 31, February 7, February 22, March 14, March 22, April 4, April 19.
Underwood Elementary will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
We challenge each child to develop individual talents and to demonstrate academic, creative, and social growth in order to become a productive, responsible citizen.
• Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
• Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we will eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
• Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
• The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
• The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
• The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
• We will have high expectations for all students with multiple, varied opportunities to demonstrate growth.
• We will reflect on best practices in order to continuously improve.
• We will partner with our community to enhance all our programs
• We will provide opportunities for parental involvement in their child’s learning.
• We will personalize instructional practices to best meet the needs of all students. • We will analyze data to guide teaching and learning
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Underwood Picnic
1:15 PM - 4:00 PM Early Release
Early College Fair
Explore all early college schools in one location.
Date: October 8, 2016
Time: 9a - 11a
Location: Vernon Malone College and Career Academy, 2200 S. Wilmington St., Raleigh,
Magnet Theme Thursday: Parent Information Sessions
Student transportation info on Home Base