Hello parents and families! This is Mr. Sherman here at Rolesville Middle School. There is a lot of important information in the phone message this week. Remember, you can always fine the document version of this message on our school website.
1. This is a reminder for all students interesting in ordering copies of Scott Westerfield’s books in preparation for his visit on Monday the 17th. The deadline to turn in order forms and payment is this Friday the 7th. Details regarding Mr. Westerfield’s visit were sent home last week with students.
2. The RMS PTA Nominating Committee is taking nominations for the 2018-2019 school year. The elected positions are President, Vice President of Student and Staff Support, Vice President of Fundraising, Treasurer, and Secretary. This is a one year term that will begin on July 1.
If you are interested in nominating someone or you would like to nominate yourself please email Larissa Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-678-0801. You can find descriptions of these positions on the PTA web site or call the number above for more information.
Nominations are due by April 24. We also have committee chair positions that need to be filled. The PTA General Assembly meeting will be held on May 9 at 6:45 before the band concert. PTA board elections will be held at this time.
3. A continued thanks to all of our parents who utilize carpool in the morning and/or the afternoon for helping to move the line along efficiently and safety. One quick note regarding carpool – while we do want folks to pull all the way forward please be aware of the cross walk and do not block that. Please also be aware of designated fire lanes.
4. If you know any of our rising 6th grade families please remind them of our upcoming 6th grade open house. While this is schedule for track 1 and 2 students, anyone with a rising 6th grade is welcome to attend. It will be next Thursday, April 13th at 6:30.
5. It’s time to start thinking about next year! With that in mind, here are a few items to point out:
a. Go ahead and get those PE uniforms ordered now. Uniforms will only be sold online moving forward. They will not be available for purchase at the school. You can find the link on our school website. If you order now they’ll be here waiting for students at the beginning of the school year.
b. There will be no schedule pick up this year for 7th and 8th graders. We will have an afternoon where students and parents can come to school for back to school information. This will be on Wednesday July 5th from 3:00 – 4:30.
Homeroom lists will be posted in the front and main hallways. Students will be able to find their homeroom so they know where to report on the first day of school. Schedules will be waiting for them in their classrooms.
We encourage all of our families to stop by on July 5th, as there will be representatives from the transportation department, the cafeteria, and other folks here to assist with any questions you may have.
6. Remember that we have no school next Friday!
Those are all of the announcements at this time. I hope everyone has a great week!