The WCPSS believes that team-based collaboration is the means to continuous improvement and the achievement of the Board Goal. A Professional Learning Team is made up of members who regularly collaborate toward continued improvement in meeting student needs. Using data, professional experience, and best practice, the team works toward realizing a shared vision for a better learning environment. The primary emphasis of this work is on the support of learning and meeting the needs of all students.
Every school-based certified staff member should have equal access to a minimum of one hour for participation in weekly professional learning teams and to the Board-approved early release days for collaboration and job-embedded professional development. Central Services staff members should participate regularly in centrally-based learning teams.
The Board shall:
The Superintendent shall:
Central Services staff shall provide the following support to school-based professional learning teams:
The School Improvement Leadership Team shall:
The Principal shall:
School-based staff shall:
1. Participate in job-embedded professional development and weekly professional learning teams.
2. Work in collaborative teams to:
a. Build shared knowledge regarding expectations for student learning.
b. Frequently monitor each student' learning.
c. Identify goals that focus on student learning and require evidence of improved student learning.
d. Share teaching strategies.
e. Create a process for additional time and support in response to students experiencing difficulty or needing enrichment.
Central Services staff shall:
1. Participate in regular professional learning teams.
2. Identify goals for improvement in support of the learning environment and require evidence of improvement.
3. Identify and share strategies.
4. Assess the impact of the strategies and share the results.