2013-14 Base Declaration Process
Parents that want to submit a request for their student to attend their base school for the 2013-14 school year may do so during the Base Declaration Application Period (January 7 – 14, 2013).
To submit a Base Declaration Application your student must be currently attending a Wake County Public School that is not the base school for your address. It is not necessary for rising Kindergarteners, 6th graders and 9th graders to submit a base declaration application. These students will be automatically assigned to their base school.
Remember, if you received your student assignment slip and you are happy with your placement, you don't need to take any action. This process only applies to parents who wish to change their assignment to their base school.
- Create an account. Once you access the online application, your first step is to create an account. To create an account for the 2013-14 school year, click the Need an Account? link on the log in screen and follow the prompts. You will need your student’s NC WISE ID number, which you can find on their lunch number, report card or by calling your student’s school. Remember to save your user id and password for future use.
- Add student(s) to your account. Once you have created an account, log in to the application and add your student(s) to your account. It is important to add all students/siblings to the same account to be certain they are considered a sibling group, even if you are only submitting an application for one of the students.
- Declare your base school. Once all the students have been added to your account, click the Declare button located to the left of your student’s name. Follow the prompts on the next screen to declare your base school and submit your application.
- Print your receipt. At the confirmation screen, click Receipt to print a copy of your selections for your student. If you have more than one student in your account, all students’ information will print on one receipt.
- Notifications will be distributed on Jan. 21