International Families   Spanish Language Resources   |   Chinese Language Resources   |   French Language Resources   |   Vietnamese Language Resources   |   Korean Language Resources   |   Arabic Language Resources   |   Hindi Language Resources



In order to attend kindergarten, children must be 5 years old on or before August 31 of the current school year. In accordance with state law, gifted children who are age 4 by April 16 also will be considered for admission.

Enroll for the 2014-15 school year

Rising Kindergarteners can pre-enroll beginning Jan. 13, 2014 at their assigned base school. To view the school assigned to your address, visit Parents can sign up to receive an email with the latest events and news. Parents should also review student assignment information to get details on school choices.

Required documents

  • Completed registration forms
  • Parent/legal guardian photo ID
  • Proof of residence in the form of a current electric, city gas or city water bill, signed lease agreement or closing statement in the name of the parent(s) or court-appointed guardian with a closing date within 45 days. Telephone, cable television bills and driver's licenses do not qualify.
  • A certified copy of the child's birth certificate, which can be obtained from the county or state health department where the child was born.
  • Immunization records. For a list of all required immunizations, visit the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. If you do not have a certified immunization record, contact your physician or the Wake County Human Services. A new series of shots can be administered. If a record of completed immunizations is not received after 30 days of the first day of school, the principal is required by law to suspend the child from school on the 31st day until evidence of immunizations is presented.

Additional items needed later

  • A completed Kindergarten Health Assessment. North Carolina law requires that a kindergarten health assessment be completed on or before the first day of school before a child can enter kindergarten. The health assessment must be completed no more than 12 months prior to the date of entry. Physical examination forms are available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department. Parents whose children do not have a regular physician can get health assessments and immunizations through the Wake County Health Department. First-time appointments should call (919) 250-3947.
  • If coming from another school system, a completed Discipline Status Enrollment form is required.