Afternoon Carpool will start at 3:45 p.m.
- All carpool tags should be hanging from the rear view mirror with the number displayed and remain hanging until students have safely entered the car. Children may only enter a car that displays their carpool number on the official Apex ES carpool tag.
- Drivers without carpool tags will be asked to park and bring in a photo ID to the office to check the student out. This is to make sure the person picking your child up has your permission on the locator card.
- In addition to knowing and listening for their carpool tag number, your child will be asked to be attentive to which cone to move to using the color cone system.
- If your child is paying attention and at the correct cone when you arrive, they will be given a Gotcha by a carpool staff member. (A Gotcha is part of AES's Positive Behavior Incentive System called PAWS. For more information about Gotchas and PAWS, click here.)
- If your child is not at the correct cone or listening for their carpool tag number, the carpool staff will help your child to recalculate. Please do not leave a gap in the carpool line but rather drive forward to the next available cone knowing that a carpool staff member will help your child to the correct cone. Also, please display your carpool tag number until your child has entered the vehicle.
Helpful Hint #1:
Make sure your child knows their carpool tag number
Helpful Hint #2:
If possible, please have your child's car seat secured in the back passenger-side of your car.
Helpful Hint #3:
It is suggested that your child know how to buckle themself into their carseat as this will help streamline carpool. If this is a problem, please pull forward to the flagpole area to fasten your child's carseat.
Thank you for your help and patience
with the carpool safety rules.